Thursday, March 14, 2013

So..... did I mention I live in Hawaii now.... ??

FINALLY! It's true! Here we are, moved lock, stock and barrel to Hawaii - full-time!

The actual move took a few twists and turns... I received notice about a job opp Jan 1st, and away it went. I didn't ask or question, I just said YES to everything positive and held out hope, it all fell together. Sold EVERYTHING in 6 weeks, shipped many items over, stuck a few things in my friend's basement. We got in the old truck and headed south, hoping to get out of the snow and snowy roads, which we did. We spent a little over 2 weeks in Yuma, AZ visiting my dad and his wife, both in their mid-80s, and then over to CA to stay with my dear friend from highschool. She and her hubs helped us get the truck down to Long Beach, to ship it to HI, then dropped us at LAX. And... here we are. I've got a few pics to post to keep for my memories of our big move. It has been a little stressful, but with a lot of research, and making contact with people, and just "doing it" we've arrived for this Crazy Pineapple Dream.... away we go :-)























No comments:

Post a Comment